I need multiple PCs to connect to a single device over TCP.

TexasAggie

Newcomer
I have up to 20 computers that need to connect to a Vaisala weather device to gather a small amount of data in 10 minute intervals. The particular moment in time is random for each PC, but always on a 10 minute period as the pressure, temperature, and humidity do not change quickly enough to require more data. Anyway, I periodically get this error:

01:56:32 Vaisala

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at DEER_DAQ.Vaisala.GetBarometric()

Why would I get this error and how can I avoid it?

I also get this error from other machines:

07:06:32 Vaisala

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at DEER_DAQ.Vaisala.GetBarometric()

Why would I get this error?

Is there any way I can set up a broadcast so that all PCs would pick up the message or would that require the Vaisala to have that capability?

Thanks.

Without knowing more about the device this is going to be difficult to diagnose...

Does the device support multiple simultaneous connections? When a client accesses this device is is properly closing it's connection when it has completed it's work?

Back