ASP.NET Topics include: System.Web classes, Web Forms and Web Controls.

Go Back  Xtreme .NET Talk > .NET > ASP.NET > DoEvents for Web Form page

Old 08-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Newcomer

rysioja is on a distinguished road
Unhappy DoEvents for Web Form page

Hi,

I`ve used Application.DoEvents method in my Windows Forms many times, no problem. However, it obviously not going to work in a Web Based application. It is so, as DoEvents is not a member of System.Web.HttpApplicationState. So, I am trying to figure out what replaces this method in a Web Form page, which I created in VB.NET. Could anyone help me out with this, please?

Old 08-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Danner

Preferred language:
C#

Nerseus is on a distinguished road

Normally you want DoEvents to have windows process some messages through the normal windows message pump. On a web server you won't have a message pump and you certainly don't have access to the client's window's message pump (which would only be IE's). What are you trying to do with DoEvents? It sounds like you need to be doing something else.

-Nerseus
Old 08-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Newcomer

rysioja is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up DoEvents Case

Yes, you are right. I kept on thinking, for some reason, that I am in a windows application but not in a web based one. I must have gotten tired, I guess? Thanks so much for your help and putting me back on the right track. I appreciate that.